Frequently Asked Questions
2cm vs 3cm?
Slabs come in different thickness the most common are 2cm and 3cm.
- By using 3cm stones, edge profiles do not have seams like laminated 2cm edges. This eliminates non-matched laminated edges.
- 2cm laminated edge installation requires plywood underneath the stone to raise the countertops above the drawer opening and provide support.
- Laminated 2cm edge profiles only look thick at the edge. Undermount sink cut outs still show 2cm.
Polished, Honed, and Leathered.
Polished – Is glossy that reflects the light and emphasizes the color of the stone
Honed – Is a satin smooth surface without any gloss and with little light reflection.
Leathered – Gives a textured appearance while retaining its natural color
Care & Maintenance
Cleaning Granite and Quartzite Countertops
The best way to avoid damage to the granite is to clean up spills as soon as they occur so that liquids and other substances do not have time to penetrate the porous granite. However, avoid using cleansers that have the potential to scratch or etch your surface, like abrasive powder cleansers or acidic formulas that contain ammonia. Instead, use a sponge or soft rag dampened with warm water to clean your countertops regularly.
Cleaning Marble Countertops
It is common to use mild dish soap and water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray the counter. Wipe and scrub gently with a damp cloth. Rinse the towel and wipe until all the suds are gone. You can then dry the countertop with a soft towel. Do not use regular cleaning products that can etch the stone surface over time. Especially avoid cleaning products that include vinegar, bleach, ammonia, lemon juice, orange, or other citrus foods. Never use abrasive cleaners that will damage and dull the finish.
Maintenance of Natural Stone Countertops
- Use coasters, trivets or placemats
- Avoid using vinegar, lemon juice or other citric juices on the surface of the stone
- Avoid using cleaners that contain acids
- Reseal countertops annually
Quartz Care and Maintenance
Quartz care and maintenance depends on the provider of your quartz. Please contact us for any further information.